Wednesday, July 20, 2005

The Early Stages...

Well, I told my mother of my intentions... She didn't seem all that excited or interested in it. But she did tell me about some shows coming up. One is in November, unfortunately it's a week after my father's Iron Man Triathalon. At which I'll be down in Florida, and there's no way I could go away for a week down to Florida, a week out from a competition. I'd have to bring all my own food, I'd be an irritable bastard from all the dieting... there's no way, and I made the commitment to go down there almost a year ago, so that's that. The other one she mentioned was in April. Which is a ways off... 9 months. But that might be the best. I just need to make sure she's not judging the show. Not that I think she'd show any favoritism, in fact I'm sure it'd be quite the opposite. But either way the other competitors may not see it that way, so I'd like to avoid that situation all together.

I still haven't told my Father about it yet. I want to see if he knows of any good natural shows to compete in. But if nothing else I'll aim for the April show.

I also haven't told any of my friends yet. I won't unleash this blog on my website until I have a show date nailed down.

I've already been trying to find a song to work my routine to. The sooner I have one picked the sooner I can begin practicing. I have a couple in mind. But I won't tell anyone what it is, whatever I decide. They'll have to come to the show to see. I'm hoping that a lot of people will come out for it, as it may be the only one I ever do. But I'm not too worried about it. I'm also going to try and get my hands on some of the tapes of my parents' previous shows they competed in, to get ideas for routines, and poses.

I'm also going to have Holly take some pictures of me in the next week or so, (she's the only one who knows right now besides my mother... she also didn't seem very excited about it), so that I can see where I was in the beginning, and we'll take pictures along the way to help me identify what I need to work on as I get closer to the show. If they're not too embarrassing, I'll post a few here.

No comments:

Post a Comment