Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Remembering Eddie


I just wanted to say that the memorial show for Eddie Guerrero last night was very well done, and was extremely appreciated on my part. I am someone who needs closure to extremely upsetting situations like this, and like a funeral provides such closure, so did last evenings show. It was naturally, a very difficult thing to watch. To see people whom I consider to be almost superheroes, crippled with grief, and bent over in tears. It was truly a testiment to who Eddie Guerrero was, not only as a performer, but as a person. Again my deepest regrets go out to not only Eddie's friends, fellow fans, but his family. All night the one common denominator between all of the testimonials his friends gave about him, was how much Eddie spoke of his family, and his love for them. That everything he did in that ring was for them.

I have the highest respect for professional wrestlers. I take a lot of shit for it. Most people don't truly understand what it takes, and the sacrifices these men and women make on a daily basis. This is why I get so defensive when people immediately rip on wrestling when I mention I love it, when they themselves don't know shit about it. I respect Eddie Guerrero, and I will honor his memory with a continuing, undying respect for him.

This whole experience has definitely affected me. I'm not sure what the final result will be, but I know that a part of me will not be the same for having experienced this.

One last time, I want to say thank you to Eddie. For busting his ass 300 days a year in that ring, sacrificing his body out there, for making me laugh, and helping me forget my own pain.

You will be missed Eddie, but never forgotten.

Viva La Raza!

No comments:

Post a Comment