Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Yeager's Music

Now, think back to that time period... 94'-98'. Everyday I'd come into Yeager's after school to train, and hang out for the evening, and all they played ever was Q101. Now between 94'-98' there was SO MUCH great music on the radio then. Alternative music was at it's peak. Every band out there had a hit song, and almost all of them were awesome. Most of the singles that were big back then are still heard regularly to this day.

In an effort to remind me of where I came from, and to inspire me throughout my training I have tried to put myself back into thatYeager's mindset as much as possible. Thus my reason on telling the story of the place, and it's signifigance. I've been doing this by breaking out my old Yeager's shirts, and thanks to the convienience of mp3 players, have compiled a playlist of over 100 songs from back then that I listen to on random every workout. The whole playlist is over 6 hours long, so it takes me about 2 days worth of workouts to get through it all. It consists of songs from bands such as:

Beck
Collective Soul
Green Day
Live
Oasis
The Presidents Of The United States Of America
Radiohead
Rage Against The Machine
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Soundgarden
The Smashing Pumpkins
Weezer
No Doubt
Alanis Morrissette
Nirvana
Pearl Jam
Stone Temple Pilots
Beastie Boys
Bush
Foo Fighters
Nine Inch Nails
U2
The Wallflowers

I'm sure there's still some I could add to the list... so if there are any suggestions do let me know. But this is what I listen to everyday in the gym. This is the soundtrack for the next 12 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment