Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The Home Stretch


Well, in the last week and a half here, I'm just trying to maintain as much muscle as I can. My workouts are short and simple. I'll do split workouts rather than one body part a day. For example Monday is Chest and Triceps. 3 chest movements 3 sets each, 12-15 reps a set, and then 2 bicep movements following the same formula. I'm not lifting heavy at all, I'm just trying to keep the muscles from going flat on me in this last stretch of the process.


Right now my workout schedule will be as follows...

Mon: Chest and Triceps
Tuesday: Back and Biceps
Wednesday: Legs
Thursday: Chest and Triceps
Friday: Back and Biceps
Saturday: Shoulders and Legs
Sunday: REST


My cardio is back up now as well. I start each workout with 30min of high intensity cardio in which I burn between 420-450 calories. Then I do abs which usually consists of hanging leg raises, crunches on the stability ball supersetting with medicine ball twists. Then every few days I throw in some cable oblique twists as well. Then I start my weights.

My brother told me last night, that in spite of the fact that my Mother has yet to see what I look like beyond my face, that I'm not ready for the show and that I have no chance in it. My Father who saw me last Sunday in my posing trunks going through my routine, says I'm right where I should be, and that I look good. He says that I could do the show right now and look good, and in a week and a half, I'll do the show and look... great.

The bottom line is that at this point I look how I look. There's not much more I can do at this point to change anything. This Saturday I begin zero carbing, in which my daily carbs will be between 0-50 each day. This will really dump out any extra body fat I may be holding, then the night before the show I carb up to 150. This will harden all the muscles, and bring out my veins. I will also be dehydrating those last few days, and that's it. Then it's time for the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment