Saturday, August 21, 2010

There Will NOT Be A Thomas Alan Else IV

My full name is Thomas Alan Else III.

I am often asked if I will name my son, should I have one, Thomas Alan Else IV.

The answer is no.

It has to stop somewhere. If I name him the 4th then he'll feel obligated to name his son the 5th, and so on... It'll become a vicious cycle that result in there someday being Else The 14th.

I know there are some out there that are disappointed at this decision. I think my Father would like to see the name continue on, but I feel the need to be more creative with my child's name rather than just churn out another Tommy Else. Not to mention, I don't want to spend 18 years of my life screaming my own name across the house. It's weird for me as it is when I meet another guy named Tom. I don't meet too many other Toms... I just met one 2 weeks ago. Great guy... but it's weird calling anyone by my own name.

Anyway...

Boy names currently in contention are:


  • Thor
  • Jupiter
  • Vinnie
  • Corgan

Girl names currently in contention are:


  • Starla
  • Czarina
  • Lita
  • Cammy

But I will be the last in the line of Thomas Alan Elses. I feel it my duty to the future generations of Elses to put my foot down, and allow us to evolve into greater Elses.

A new breed unleashed... ELSE: "The Next Generation".

1 comment:

  1. Thor and Jupiter would be fantastic if your son also went into bodybuilding

    ReplyDelete